Saturday 11 August 2012

Dos Palilos


Address: Elisabets 9, 08002 Barcelona, Spain
Phone: 933040513

Why we dined here: Albert Raurich, the chef and owner of Dos Palillos, was a chef de cuisine at El Bulli (which garnered the #1 World's Best restaurant award consistently before it closed down).

In a Nutshell: Great (but not spectacular) Asian fusion food

We went for the lunch menu so we got 4 small courses for a more reasonable price than their a la carte menu. The tuna sushi was the best of the meal and it was one of the best sushi I've ever had. That's a high compliment since I eat a lot of Japanese food and it's one of my favorite cuisines. The rest of the meal - wonton, yakitori and others were not very memorable. They taste similar to what you'd get in an authentic Asian restaurant. The portions were small since the dishes are tapas, so it is a bit pricey for the amount of food you get. Overall, the experience was still great so I'm happy I tried it; but it's not special enough for me to return to when I go visit Barcelona again.

open-concept kitchen
crispy fried meat-filled wonton
tuna sushi
free range chicken yakitori
fluffy almond sponge cake with yuzu marmalade

No comments:

Post a Comment